- Nzoia Basin Flood Map 5m Depth
- Public Domain (PD)
+ Works in the public domain may be used freely without the permission of the former copyright owner.
+ For more info see http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html.
The Nzoia flood maps of varying depths corresponding to flood frequency return period were created using the GIS Flood tool which works in ArcGIS environment. The maps were created to help in the quantification of the socio-economic amenities within the Nzoia flood plain. Flood frequency analysis was performed using the Easy fit software and discharges corresponding to different return periods i.e 1 in 10 years, 1 in 20 years,1 in 30 years, 1 in 50 years, 1 in 70 years and 1 in 100 years s...
- Publication Date
- April 20, 2015, 6:43 a.m.
- Raster Data
- geo-climate Environment geo-agriculture geossAttribution geo-ecosystem geossDataCore geossNoMonetaryCharge servir-ast geo-water servircat geo-biodiversity rcmrd-servir flood-maps
- Inland Waters
- inland water features, drainage systems and their characteristics. Examples: rivers and glaciers, salt lakes, water utilization plans, dams, currents, floods, water quality, hydrographic charts
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
- The SERVIR Project, NASA, USAID and RCMRD make no express or implied warranty of this data as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the US Government nor RCMRD shall be liable for special, consequential or incidental damages attributed to this data.
The purpose of the Nzoia project was to perform financial and economic analysis of the construction of dikes within the Nzoia flood plains.
- Supplemental Information
Users are advised to read and understand the metadata before access and use of the resources.
- Spatial Representation Type
- grid data is used to represent geographic data